2.27.2009

shows!

I love seeing bands play live and I've been able to make it to a few shows lately. The first one was the Murder City Devils, who I love and have loved for a long time. They actually broke up several years ago, but are reuniting and touring right now. Their music is kind of dark, I guess it goes with the name, They are so good live. Anyway, I took a video, but it's too huge of a file to put on here. Here's a couple of photos, but look at their web-site, there's a video. The first one doesn't really show it, but Spencer, the lead singer, is singing while crowd surfing. I think my favorite show or at least most memorable show of their's was in Dallas when they lit the drum set on fire for a minute.
I also saw Ra Ra Riot this past week. They were a lot of fun, too and total opposites of the MCD. They are kind of poppy, but have a cello and violin in the mix. Good stuff. They had Telekinesis open for them and they're from Seattle, they were the best opening band I've seen in a while. And Cut off Your Hands (they're from New Zealand), they were pretty good. I took a few small-sized videos, the image isn't very good, but the sound turned out pretty well.
Cut Off Your Hands

Telekinesis

Ra Ra Riot!

1 comment:

leslie coppin said...

too bad sweet water didn't work out :) you could have added them to your list.