2.06.2009

Thailand food and Krabi market

I'm back at it, again. I have a few more posts for Thailand. The food was so yummy and cheap in Thailand. I wasn't necessarily too adventurous with trying crazy things, but I definitely wanted to keep eating Thai everyday, unlike my brothers, who really missed eating pizza and hamburgers after a week of Thai. (They weren't really able to find any good hamburgers, in case you were wondering or milkshakes, I think Lance tried one any time he saw it on a menu.) I loved eating at this outdoor market in Ao Nang, I think this cashew chicken was $2 or $3 dollars (including a sprite, I love their sprites, have I already mentioned that?)I also liked getting these crepes, I don't know how Thai they really are, but they were so yummy, this was banana with chocolate. My favorite was the lemon with sugar, mmmm, my mouth is watering thinking about it. These were like $1.

No, I didn't eat any bugs. I told you, I'm not very adventurous. My co-worker was actually in Thailand the same time I was and he told me he ate the smaller bugs, not these big grasshoppers. All I can say is gross. We actually didn't see any of these bug carts until we were back in Bangkok, so I'm not sure how much these are consumed.When we left Ao Nang, we were supposed to fly back to Bangkok from Krabi, but since the Bangkok airport had just re-opened, we ended up having to stay in Krabi for a night. It wasn't too bad, considering the airport had been closed for a week. I'm glad we were able to spend a little time in Krabi. We found this market while wandering around. All their fruits, vegetables and flowers are so colorful and the fruits we tried were yummy, except this one Jared made us try, I can't remember what is was, but it tasted like, well, I can't say what it tasted like, it's not very nice. That night, we ate dinner at a small street vendor. There were several down by the water. This was probably our cheapest meal. Definitely spend a day in Krabi.

No comments: