

For the most part, the other people on the trail were really friendly. We came up to this older couple that were going pretty slow. The lady had walking poles in both hands and was crawling along. I said, excuse me, can we pass? She said, yes, in the next wide spot. I thought that was pretty rude because there weren't any wide spots in the trail, especially with her taking up the whole trail. So, I just went around her anyway and Corinne and Nathan followed. Corinne kind of kicked her walking stick on accident and they yelled at us as we passed. Whatever, they were the rude ones.
Corinne and I after our long hike in.
After the hike to Hanakapi'ai Beach, we checked out the wet and dry caves. They really weren't anything too exciting, from what I could tell. And you can tell that Nathan was getting sick of me taking pictures of them.
We had wanted to snorkel at Ke'e beach, but it started raining, so we decided to head to Princeville. We found this beach when we were driving around trying to find the Queen's Bath. 

Another waterfall near the Queen's bath.
We stayed one night in Honolulu on the way home. We spent an afternoon at Hanauma bay snorkeling. Corinne and I saw the coolest fish there. It looked like a bird, with feathered wings on the side. I hadn't ever seen anything like it before. Oh, that reminds me, I also completed 2 dives while we were in Kauai. It was fun and we saw lots of turtles. We did this one dive at Sheraton Coves, which was near some lava tubes. This is where the lava entered the ocean a long time ago and now there are arch-ways remaining. We got to dive in and around this area. There were a lot of turtles sleeping on the ledges of the lava tubes. They were huge, like 3' wide!
This is a picture of Hanauma bay. I miss you warm, sunny Hawaii.

1 comment:
I am still laughing about Corinne kicking that poor ladies walking stick!! LOL! I love Turtles! Once I rode a big sea turtle. I don't think he liked me after that.
Post a Comment