




We also tried going to the Barking sands beach that is at the end of the road on the west side of the island because I had heard it was really neat. When you walk on the sand, it sounds like it barks. We weren't able to get to it, though because the road is closed in the winter. It was a dirt road, well, a muddy road and completely blocked off.
After we met back up with Nathan, we went to snorkel in Poipu at Spouting Horn. We didn't get a lot of snorkeling in because it was kind of cold this day. But we did have two funny experiences on this beach. The three of us were laying on our stomachs and there was an older guy, probably late 60s sitting directly in front of Corinne. So Corinne and Nathan both had the chance to see a little more of him than they wanted to. Those darn baggy shorts. It was so funny, I was laughing pretty hard, I don't know if he knew they saw his junk or if he knew the reason I was laughing, but he luckily didn't stay around too much longer.
We then were getting ready to leave and a local guy in a big pick-up truck was driving by on the road, which wasn't more than 20' away from the beach. He had really loud music playing. Corinne and I were standing up and I think I gave him a head nod and Corinne waved. I then turned around to talk to Corinne and then heard a huge BANG! The guy in the truck rear-ended a car that had stopped on the road while he was checking us out! So classic. I couldn't believe it and was so embarassed for the guy. When we left, I looked at the car he rear-ended and the damage didn't look too bad, so that was good.

No comments:
Post a Comment