9.23.2008

motorcycles and roses

I was in Portland on Saturday and hung out with my friend, Craig. He rides a sports bike and he and his friend were doing a "taste" of racing at the raceway in Portland. Which allows amateur riders to have some time on the raceway in-between some races that were going on. I haven't ever been to anything like this before and being the judgemental person that I am, had always thought that raceways were pretty trashy. I was wrong. I was impressed with the guys and girls out there riding. They go so fast! I thought I would have been more scared for them and luckily, I didn't see any crashes. I tried getting them in a video and took this one, so you can see what it was like (these were the "taste" guys, not the pros). I don't even know if they were in it because it was so hard to tell who was who.

They even almost talked me into going on a ride in one of the sidecars. They race, too, but they had another taste thing for being able to sit in the sidecar. I decided against it when I walked by the area where all the sidecar drivers were hanging out. They looked too scary...maybe next time. Plus, I would probably get motion sickness, so I would need to take some medicine first.

We also stopped by the rose gardens, since I haven't ever been to them before. All the roses were in bloom and were so pretty. There was only one color of rose that smelled very strongly, which surprised me. Shouldn't all roses HAVE to smell good?

1 comment:

Ammo and Josh said...

I got motion sickness just watching that video. jk. Looks like you had a fun weekend!