9.14.2008

hanging out with Savannah

I was finally able to see Savannah and her mom, Melanie on Friday night. I hadn't seen them since April! We met up at the Alderwood Mall for dinner and shopping after I got off work. It was so good to spend time with them. I get a long so well with Savannah's mom. We had a yummy dinner at the Macaroni Grill and then walked around the mall. At Savannah's request, we went into this store that you can make your own bear. I guess she has already done a few of them, so she wasn't allowed to get anything else there, but I couldn't believe how much stuff they had just for making a silly bear. I would have a hard time buying just one bear for a girl. She'll be growing out of that soon, though. We also looked at a jewelry store and she of course wanted all the really big, dangly earrings, but she isn't allowed to have those, either (phew). And did everyone know how much the 80s are back? I guess I should have kept some of my plastic, brightly colored hoop earrings so Savannah could have them. And she told me they are all wearing stirrup pants (with the socks under the stirrups) at school and that she really wanted a pair. She is in the 5th grade this year and that is what I wore in 5th grade. Weird! She also really wanted to get this hat, which we probably should have gotten for her because look how cute she looks!

We ended the night with ice cream at coldstone, per Savannah's request. Guess who had the cotton candy flavored ice cream with gummy bears? I tried a bite and it was so gross. I guess I am old. :)

3 comments:

Jane Says said...

savannah looks totally cute AND hip in that hat. i'm glad you had a good time!!

Amandaw said...

I can't believe how grown-up she is! That cotton candy gummy bear ice cream kinda made me retch, but hey now you can take that one off your list of things to try.

Ammo and Josh said...

Savannah is soooo cute it hurts! That is awesome you all have this very unique and special relationship.