1.31.2010

Sunday Market!

There isn't much to do here in the evenings, so if you like reading about what I'm doing/seeing here, then you are in luck.  Thank goodness for wireless internet!

It's Sunday evening here and I had to work in the morning and then a little in the afternoon.  I haven't felt too comfortable walking outside of the mill complex by myself and luckily, Raju went outside with me today.  Sunday is a busy day around here.  This is the day most of the people do their shopping.  The market is just outside the gates and was packed this afternoon.  There were quite a few vegetables that I have not ever seen before, but I've probably been eating them.  I don't really know what I'm eating most of the time, I just know if I like it or don't.  So far, I've liked most everything.  They have so many different varieties of vege dishes.  My favorite thing so far has probably been the mango Slice soda...so yummy!  Anyway, some shots from the market:

They had so many dried red peppers!
I still got a lot of stares in the market.  I guess I do stand out quite a bit.  I'm glad Raju went with me and explained what a lot of the vegetables and nuts were.  We walked by this sweets stand and he told me he would buy me some before we leave and that they are so delicious.  I'm a little leery, though.  He had me try this sweet milk dessert thing the other night and although the taste of it was ok, it had this really weird texture.  Most of the sweets at this stand looked more like spices.  So, we'll have to see.

3 comments:

Ammo and Josh said...

I love going to different markets when I travel. How fun! By the looks of your pictures it sounds like you are having a great time!!

Sarah and Dan said...

Amazing! This totally amazes me.

Unknown said...

So cool! That is a crazy amount of peppers though, enough for the entire world it looks like!