1.31.2010

Some of the animals in town

There are animals walking around freely all over the place here...cows, dogs, pigs, goats.  I guess the cows, pigs and goats are actually owned by people, but they just let them wander around.  Like today at the market, I asked Raju about some of the cows and he said the cows will just try to get some free food and that is how they end up eating.  I feel bad for the stray dogs, they are all over the place, but most of them do look fed and not too scrawny.  I think people feed them, probably because they think they might be that dog when they die. 
If you look close at the one above, you can see two cows in the middle of the street and two motorcycles dodging them. 
Oh and here are some of my roommates.  I think I've seen 4 different frogs so far. 
I've seen a group of monkeys here, too.  They were playing up in the tree in front of the house I'm staying in one morning and then they were playing up on top of the temple another evening, but I haven't seen them lately.  Hopefully they'll come back before I leave.  It was so funny watching them play on top of the temple.

1 comment:

Ammo and Josh said...

Seeing homeless animals tugs at my heart. If I lived there I would probably have a million pets!