1.29.2010

More of Dandeli

I had a little bit of free time this afternoon while some things were being fixed on the system. I took a walk around part of the mill complex. They have all sorts of buildings here, a research center, hospital, gymnasium, employee's club and lots of housing. I was walking down one road but decided to turn around because it was where people lived, these houses were tiny and not the bigger apartment buildings they have here and it was even more run down than the rest of what I've seen. They also have a playground across the street from the Hindu temple. They even have teeter-totters. I loved those things, too bad parks don't have them anymore at home. You can see a couple of buildings behind the park, those are some of the apartment buildings.
I had to take a photo of their ambulance parked outside the hospital, it is a van that is probably only 4 1/2' tall. I rode in one of them (not the ambulance, but another van) and they technically seat 8 people.

1 comment:

Ammo and Josh said...

It is amazing how small some living quarters are in other countries and how simple they live. Some American families need a special room for everything - computer room, playroom, TV room, art room, gym, etc. Oh, I miss teeter-totters too!