10.04.2010

A couple of stories...

Story #1
My little sister, Leah got married at the beginning of September and then had her reception a couple of weekends ago.  Her reception was down in Centralia, where my family has gone to church forever.  I knew I would see a bunch of people from church and was looking forward to talking to some of them.  I did get to see a few of those people, but there was one lady I talked to that just makes me laugh.  She has a daughter that is a little younger than me and I haven't talked to this woman probably in over 10 years..maybe?  So, the first thing she asks me after we say hi to each other is, "how many children do you have now?" 
So, I bluntly said, "I'm not married." and smiled. 
And then she said, "Oh, well you're going to have A LOT of children."
After which, I said, "well, I'm not married, so who knows?"
And then she just started talking about how all of my sisters and me look so much alike.  I just thought it was funny that she really doesn't know anything about me and what is going on in my life but automatically thinks I must have a lot of kids.  Is that because my mom decided to have 12 children?  I'm not mad about what she said to me, I just think it's weird that she would ask that first. 

Story #2
I saw Minus the Bear play at the Crocodile last week (awesome performance, by the way).  I was with my friend, Corinn and decided I really needed earplugs.  I went up to the bar to buy some and there was a girl standing in front of the bar, who at first, I thought was working because she asked me, "what are you drinking?" 
But when she asked me, she put her arm around my back, just a little.  I thought, hmm, that's kind of weird, but it was loud, so she needed to shout for me to hear.  So I was waiting my turn and she ordered her drinks (at which point I figured out she wasn't working there) and then she turned to me and said, "are you sure you don't want anything to drink?  You can put anything on my tab."
So I said, "oh thank you for offering, but I'm ok, I'm just getting earplugs."
But I did tell her that I liked her headband, it was really cute.
And then she told the bartender I needed earplugs, because that's what girls do for girls when they like them.  And I bought the earplugs and she brushed my back and then walked away. 
I really can't remember ever being hit on by a woman before, it was kind of flattering because she was really cute, but at the same time, why couldn't it have been a guy?  Seriously?

5 comments:

Tracy said...

Funny stories, Ann. It must be a Plank thing 'cause Paul's been hit on by guys, too :)
Story #1 is actually pet peeve #1 about members of the Mormon church. People don't have a clue that everyone's lif does not automatically follow the same predictable path...I'm glad you just smile and move on...you are a good example 'cause I tend to hold on to it.

Jane Says said...

way to go ann! i've never been picked up by a hot girl before, but if i did, i'd be flattered too! here's hoping you run into some hot men at the next show!!

Anonymous said...

If I were a girl, I'd hit on you too.

Mandyw said...

Damn...I've been hitting on you for years:) I saw an old friend of the church in town awhile back. We were catching up, she asked if I was married had kids...after answering I asked her the same and she then said "yes, I'm married, but I just had a miscarriage." ahhh, awkward. I don't ask anymore.

A.C. said...

#2 = awesome...I totally understand now ;)