Joseph has threatened me that he will remove the link to my blog from his blog since I don't ever write on here. I've decided I am going to try to start blogging again. TRY...
Jared and I are planning to bike/run in a duathlon next weekend. I've been biking more this summer and I think I'm pretty ready to bike 12 miles and run 3 miles. Last weekend, Jared and I went on a practice bike ride near Lake Sammamish. It was a fun ride, right next to the lake and it was good for me to ride with Jared, so I would push myself to go faster. On the way back, we turned onto a trail and I noticed it was a little wet and had leaves on it. I thought to myself...I should slow down, it might be a little slippery. But, it was too late, I got to a corner too quickly and my rear tire slid out and I hit the ground in seconds. Jared was right behind me and crashed as well. His bike actually flew up and on top of me. I'm still a little bruised from it. This was the worst of it:
Ha, ha, I know it's disgusting. It's still healing up, I should have a nice little scar from it. I had just talked to my almost 8-year old nephew a couple of days before about his bike wreck, he had it pretty bad with his chin, elbow, knee all looking like my elbow. The last time I wrecked on a bike was when I was 9, so this wasn't fun. I'm just praying it doesn't rain on Saturday for the race. I will be so much more nervous, if it does!


1 comment:
whew! you were close to being removed from my blog list too - you slacker! glad to see you are back.
Post a Comment