1.18.2009

island tour from ao nang

From Khao Lak, we returned to Ao Nang for a couple of more days. Anneka went back home at this time. She ended up having to fly home through Malaysia, since the Bangkok airport was still closed. We missed her after she left. We took an island tour that left from Ao Nang one of the days. These are what the water taxis look like and we got completely soaked riding in it. We were luckily in our swimming suits, so it didn't really matter. We first went to Chicken Head Island, maybe you can figure out why it's called that, by looking at the photo below.
We got in the water to snorkel and after about 2 minutes of being in the water, we discovered how many jelly fish were also visiting Chicken Head island. I hate jelly fish. I quickly got out of the water, as did everyone else. It was disappointing that we couldn't snorkel. You can kind of see the jelly fish in this picture, hate them. And there's a shot of one washed up onshore on one of the other islands we went to. There were hundreds of them on the beach. We also went to Poda Island and these shots are from there. It is so beautiful.
Me and Jane looking HOT!
The last beach we stopped at was Phranang Cave, which must mean penis cave because look at the cave...don't ask, I really don't know.The beach here was so nice, no big waves, just water slowly lapping up to the beach, we didn't know that the best beach would be here, so we ended up only having 30 minutes to explore. I would want to spend more time at this place, if I went back, even if the cave itself is creepy. The limestone cliffs were amazing. Jared and Lance were pretty amazed.



Ah, how cute.Annemarie, here's your monkey! I couldn't catch him for you, but I at least took a picture.

When we got back into Ao Nang, the tide was out, so our taxi couldn't take us all the way back up to the shore. We had to get out and walk in shin-high water to the beach. Which, normally wouldn't be bad, but the part of the beach he let us out at was at the river outlet and since rivers aren't exactly clean here, the water was really gross at this spot. It was so disgusting, muddy sand was oozing between my toes and I tried not to think about why the sand was so muddy. I just wish they had real septic systems there. yuck. We washed up as soon as we could after that part.

We didn't stay at the Sunda Resort when we returned to Ao Nang because we were being cheap. We found the Good View hotel, which was right in town and was $20/night. It was clean and convenient and had AC.

1 comment:

Ammo and Josh said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G pictures! That monkey is the cutest! I want to adopt him!