My Fair Lady is such a wonderful musical! I saw it on Saturday at the Paramount with four of my sisters and two sister-in-laws. It was so nice. We weren't able to actually see the faces of the actors, like in this photo, but the set was beautiful and the singing/dancing was so nice.
I was surprised at how I knew all the words to the songs, since I really can't remember watching the Audrey Hepburn movie version. But, I must have at some point. I'll have to watch it again. Lisa O'Hare was Eliza and she did a wonderful job. Her accent at the beginning was so thick, that I couldn't understand a few things she said. Very convincing and then she was able to switch to her lady accent so well. Such a lovely play! Watching it made me want to go to NYC again and see a couple of more. I'll have to start planning something...


1 comment:
I'm so glad it was good! I think it would have been hard for me to resist singing along! If I ever did theater acting, the role of Eliza definitely would be at the top of my list!
Post a Comment