I decided this year that I would finally go to Seafair. The only parts I've seen in the past are the Torchlight parade and the Blue Angels flying over my work or my house. I wanted to see the full show this year, plus fairs are the best place for people watching. And Rose Marie and Mark were going, so we all went together. Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera, but I have a few pics to share that other people have taken. Watching the hydroplanes was neat. They go super fast and spray so much water.
Except when they break down, then they get pulled by another boat, poor guy.
It was like we were on the water in the hydroplane, with this awesome red hydroplane blow-up hat. 

The Blue Angels were of course spectacular, they go so fast and fly so close to each other and are so LOUD!
But I think our favorite air performer was the guy flying the little trick plane. We thought he was going to crash a few times and he even cut his engine in a free fall. Yikes. We saw him signing autographs at the Geico booth later on and we were surprised at how normal he looked. He was a crazy pilot.
This father and son team was pretty good, too.
Except when they break down, then they get pulled by another boat, poor guy.
It was like we were on the water in the hydroplane, with this awesome red hydroplane blow-up hat. 

The Blue Angels were of course spectacular, they go so fast and fly so close to each other and are so LOUD!
But I think our favorite air performer was the guy flying the little trick plane. We thought he was going to crash a few times and he even cut his engine in a free fall. Yikes. We saw him signing autographs at the Geico booth later on and we were surprised at how normal he looked. He was a crazy pilot.
And we especially liked the Harrier Jet. This is the only jet that can hover in place and fly backwards and up and down, just like a helicopter, but much, much, much louder.
As far as people watching went, I saw a few classic tattoos, one girl sitting near us had FAITH tattooed on her inside wrist. Another guy I saw, had GROW UP on the backside of his forearm. Classic. We saw a few good mullets, a few big bellies on shirt-less guys, a lot of good mustaches and some hoochie girls trying to meet the hydroplane drivers. Those are the things I needed my camera for. I'll just have to go to a different fair so I can people watch some more.

2 comments:
looks like it was lots of fun! we will have to catch it next year. and, oh, that hat is HOT!
Can you believe that I have NEVER been to Seafair?? Amazing that I have lived here all these years and never gone!
Post a Comment