My parents live down near Rochester (south of Olympia). A bunch of us gathered together to celebrate my dad. Luckily, it was a nice day and we were able to play some croquet. It wasn't a regular game of croquet, though. We set up the wickets in random places, like under the trampoline and along the driveway, to make it extra hard. The second course was kind of too hard. My dad had no mercy the first game. He couldn't just win, he had to get poison and knock everyone out of the game, so there was no 2nd or 3rd. He's lucky it was father's day.
Here's my dad with Beren and Asher. He loves being with the grandkids (and me, of course).
My dad's a cowboy at heart. They have a little property at their new house and he has a bunch of horses and a donkey. It was always his dream to live on a big ranch, but I don't think my mom shared that dream. And this father's day did not make that dream come true. At least he gets to play with the horses. We didn't really have any while I was growing up at home, so I haven't ridden too much, but I'm thinking I need to get down some more and go riding with my dad. He would love it.
My dad's a cowboy at heart. They have a little property at their new house and he has a bunch of horses and a donkey. It was always his dream to live on a big ranch, but I don't think my mom shared that dream. And this father's day did not make that dream come true. At least he gets to play with the horses. We didn't really have any while I was growing up at home, so I haven't ridden too much, but I'm thinking I need to get down some more and go riding with my dad. He would love it.They recently got chickens (I think my dad said he did it so it would teach my younger siblings some responsibility). Beren and Asher were so excited to feed the chickens with my mom and they even found 2 eggs. I doubt Colin, Julie or Emily get excited about feeding any of the animals. Kylee really wanted to pet the chickens (since we got to pet a horse and the dog). They wouldn't stand still for her, though.
You might think she looks pretty dissappointed, but she often has this look on her face.
You might think she looks pretty dissappointed, but she often has this look on her face.
We found some flowers to pick and that made Kylee's day. 


3 comments:
why didn't you mention how awesome you were for croquet?...oh wait, maybe you weren't :)
It was a fun weekend!
er..that's me, leslie
HI I am finding long lost friends though blogging. How are you? It's been a long time. Looks like you are happy and very busy.
love Tera PERRY (HOWARD)
Post a Comment